TEEN WRITING APPLICATIONIf interested in applying for membership, please read the info below prior to contacting us.
The two-part application consists of a fiction writing sample (15-page maximum) in our group's format (Courier New, 12pt, double-spaced, 1" margins on all four sides, continuous line numbers, headers with page name/title/page number). The sample should consist of two distinct works. To see what this looks like, click here.
Interested participants can submit two of the following (1) an unpublished novel chapter (2) an unpublished flash fiction story or (3) an unpublished narrative essay on coping with and overcoming peer, cultural or community pressure(s).
The second component is answers to the following short essay questions:
- 1. Who are you? Please provide a personal biography, including age, and tell us about your educational background and why you want to participate in this workshop.
2. What are your realistic expectations in applying to a writers' workshop?
3. How would you handle a harsh critique?
4. Does your current schedule include time to commit to a weekly workshop for a period of at least twelve weeks?
5. List several writers that you admire and whose work has been important to you as a reader and your growth as a writer.
We appreciate your interest and application. Potential membership happens in three stages: application/writing sample, two-way personal interview with the moderator, and an audit session with other potential workshop members. We apologize in advance for not being able to respond to all applicants. We also use a non-disclosure agreement and membership bylaws.
*Morningside Writers Teen Workshops are $225 per nine-week session. Our next session will be announced soon. We also use a non-disclosure agreement and membership bylaws.
Workshops for Publishing Success! ™